Sunday, October 23, 2011

Like Father, Like Son ?

Alan is off on a hunting trip this week.  Every time we get ready for one of these trips, I always wonder who Dimitri will most resemble when he's older.  Alan is always very last minute (he even missed his flight because he waited so long to pack).  I, however, like to be packed ahead of schedule and do not like to be rushed, because then I am likely to forget something.  Dimitri seems to be very structured (like his mom) and, thus, I will hope he packs more like his mom (for my sake).  However, his looks and personality are more like his father's; easy going, is everybody's friend, and always has a smile on his face.  Then I become aware that Dimitri is his own person, and hopefully it won't be long before everyone starts saying he is "Dimitri", and not "Alan" or "Alena" in terms of who he most resembles.  Over the next week, I will be posting a diary of Dimitri's and my photos so that Alan can find out what went on while he was in the wilderness of the Seward Peninsula.  I will let the audience determine in the future who he resembles and it will be interesting to see how this perception changes through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment